Have A Smile

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Was That Love

Two friends are discussing the possibility of love.

I thought I was in love three times, one friend says. How so his friend
asks.

Five years ago I deeply cared for a woman who wanted nothing to do with me.
Was that not love his friend asks. No, he replies. That was obsession.

And then two years ago I deeply cared for an attractive woman who didn't
understand me. Was that not love No, he replies. That was lust.

And just last year I met a woman aboard a cruise ship to the Caribbean. She
was smart, funny, and a great conversationalist. And everywhere I followed
her on that boat, I would get this strange sensation in the pit of my
stomach.

Was that not love his friend asks. No, he replies. That was seasickness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home